"Doctor Holocaust is a villainous gentleman who, above all else, is trying to take over the world."

Ace Blogs: Injuncture

Welcome Forums Ask Ace Ace Blogs: Injuncture

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ace of Blades 4 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Ace of Blades

So I have been in Australia for six months, and I have been doing a lot of thinking of what I want for my future.

When I first came here, most of my homeward thoughts centred around “when I get back…” but now some things back home have changed in a way that coming back for good doesn’t make a whole lot of sense anymore.

Firstly, I was involved with someone before I left and she called it quits after a few months of sparse communication. I had that one coming.

Secondly, I would be moving into another apartment in the city (albeit with my friends) and be paying rent there. Although I am pretty much doing that here.

Lastly, going back would contradict the entire reason for me coming here; to make a life for myself and to be my own man.

“When” has become “if”.

I have discovered that getting citizenship here takes 2 years, and by the time my visa is up, I’ll be halfway there.

This doesn’t mean that I’ll be here forever, I am obligated by my wonderful friends and family to come back at least once per year (probably for a convention or a holiday) and hopefully I have encouraged those people to put some plans to travel in their agenda; I would be more than glad to play host.

I have not received any instruction from Doctor Holocaust to plan a return, meaning that he is fine working solo or has found a replacement for me.

We’ll see about that.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.